Furniture Friends serves anyone who lacks the financial ability to purchase essential furniture. Many of our clients have been recently homeless, escaping abusive relationships, people coping with physical or mental disabilities or chronic illness, new immigrants, Veterans, or people who are experiencing hard times.
Client referrals are only for use by participating social service agencies or our other referring partners. Clients cannot request furniture directly. If you are a client in need of furniture, please contact your case manager or social worker to submit a referral on your behalf.
COVID-19 Update: We are currently able to schedule appointments for case managers and clients to pick up furniture from our warehouse in Westbrook. For clients and case managers who are unable to pick up furniture from our warehouse, we are offering the option to schedule a curbside delivery. Clients who agree to a curbside delivery will be responsible for transporting furniture from the truck/curb into their apartment.
Before referring a client, please read the following service limitations:
- Only refer clients who have not used our service within the last 12 months. Clients who have been served previously are asked to wait a year before submitting a new referral.
- Only refer clients who need furniture essentials such as beds, dining tables and chairs, living room seating, dressers/bureaus, and small tables.
- Only refer clients who currently reside in the following cities/towns: Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Portland, Scarborough, South Portland, Westbrook, and Yarmouth.
- Due to our revolving inventory, certain items are usually limited to one per household, depending on the size of the family.
- We cannot guarantee that we will have all the items requested on the form below as we rely on donations from our community. All of our furniture is gently used and inspected for stains, rips, wear and tear, pet hair, insects, or any other unsuitable trait.
- Client deliveries are done as curbside deliveries only at this time. Clients and/or case managers will be responsible for transporting furniture from the curb or truck upon delivery.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at 207-210-5797. If you and your client understand and agree with the above information, please proceed to complete the Furniture Referral Form.