Furniture Friends serves anyone who lacks the financial ability to purchase essential furniture. Many of our clients have been recently homeless, escaping abusive relationships, people coping with physical or mental disabilities or chronic illness, new immigrants, Veterans, or people who are experiencing hard times.
Client referrals are only for use by participating social service agencies or our other referring partners. Clients cannot request furniture directly. If you are a client in need of furniture, please contact your case manager or social worker to submit a referral on your behalf.
Before referring a client, please read the following service limitations:
- Only refer clients who need furniture essentials such as beds, dining tables and chairs, living room seating, dressers/bureaus, and small tables.
- Only refer clients who currently reside in the following cities/towns: Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Portland, Scarborough, South Portland, Westbrook, and Yarmouth.
- Due to our revolving inventory, certain items are usually limited to one per household, depending on the size of the family.
- We cannot guarantee that we will have all the items requested on the form below as we rely on donations from our community. All of our furniture is gently used and inspected for stains, rips, wear and tear, pet hair, insects, or any other unsuitable trait.
After submitting the referral form:
- A Furniture Friends representative will contact the client to schedule an in-home assessment of the client’s furniture needs.
- Once the in-home assessment has been completed, our Operations staff will contact the client and/or case manager to determine if they are able to pick up the furniture or to schedule a delivery.
- Clients are expected to keep their appointments and those who are not home for the scheduled appointment prevent other clients from getting items they need.
- To cut the wait time dramatically, we encourage all case managers and clients to network within agencies, friend groups, and the community to help find transportation to pick up furniture.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at 207-210-5797. If you and your client understand and agree with the above information, please proceed to complete the Furniture Referral Form.