Help Create Homes for People in Need–Donate Essential Household Furniture
Thank you for helping us fulfill our mission of Creating Homes. Rebuilding Lives. Your gently used furniture will be donated to community members lacking the financial resources to purchase furniture on their own.
COVID-19 Update: All furniture drop offs are made by appointment and donors are highly encouraged to schedule a drop off appointment since our ability to pick up donations is very limited at present. If a furniture pickup is scheduled, the donated items must be placed on the porch of the home, in the garage, or outside on the day of the scheduled pickup. We can pick up furniture from the following towns: Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Cumberland Foreside, Falmouth, Falmouth Foreside, Portland, Scarborough, South Portland, Westbrook, and Yarmouth.
In order to preserve the dignity and respect of our clients, we will inspect items before accepting them and we reserve the right to decline an item if it is not appropriate for our clients. Before submitting the Furniture Donation Form below, please be sure we accept the items you want to donate and that they are in very good condition.
- Mattresses and box springs (twin, double/full, queen)
- Metal Harvard bed frame
- Pack n’ Play
- Dining room/kitchen tables (no longer than 5 feet)
- Dining room/kitchen chairs
- Full size couches (no larger than 78 inches wide and 39 inches deep)
- Small couches, love-seats, and other living room seating
- Futons (must be completely assembled, must include futon mattress)
- Dressers (no longer than 60 inches long)
- Coffee tables
- End tables
- Bedside tables
- Working lamps w/shades
- Area Rugs
- Items that are extremely heavy, over-sized, stained, soiled, excessively worn, full of pet hair, ripped, broken or show any trace of bedbugs
- Items from smoking households
- Items with glass
- King-sized beds
- Wooden bed frames, headboards, or foot boards
- Sofa beds/sleep sofas
- Outdoor or wicker furniture
- Entertainment centers, armoires, and china cabinets
- Press or composite board items
- Appliances, air conditioners, and built-in microwaves
- Curtains or curtain hardware
- Kitchenware, silverware, or bake-ware.
Furniture Donation Form